Saturday, September 25, 2010

About Face(s)

Since I just did one of my favorite timetable covers, I thought I would post about one of my least favorite timetables.

I basically despise the Southwest "Faces" issues, mainly because the quotes attributed to the various Southwest employees featured on the covers are obviously drivel created by someone in the PR department rather than the employees' own words.  (And the fact that they made us suffer through 18 years of this inane banter simply adds to the insult!)

Of all the "Faces" issues, the worst of the worst is the one that was effective on April 2, 1995.



Just in case you can't read the verbiage on the timetable cover, it reads "Our first rule of airplane cleaning; If it doesn't shine as bright as your smile, you aren't done."  Much the same as timetables I like, this one evokes a feeling each time I see it.  Unfortunately, in this case it's a feeling of nausea!

I have a tough time believing that airplane cleaners do their jobs with a big smile, as they remove dirty diapers and used barf bags from seatback pockets and clean up god-only-knows whatever other messes passengers leave behind for a pay rate that is probably at or just above minimum wage.

No comments:

Post a Comment